A little taste of Italy made in your own kitchen. It does take a little time to bake this cause of the double baking, but the processing time is quite less. Enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee.
Ingredients (Makes about 18-20)
Large Eggs 2
Sugar 2/3 cup (135 grams)
Vanilla Extract 1 tsp
All Purpose Flour 1 3/4 cups (225 grams) I added about 40gms more of flour
Baking Powder 1 tsp
Salt 1/4 tsp
Almonds Toasted and chopped 3/4 cup (110 grams)
Chocolate Chips 2/3 cup (110 grams)
Method of Preparation
1. Beat the eggs and sugar along with the vanilla in your mixer for about 5-10 min till it is pale and silky.
2. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Add that to the mixing bowl. Combine.
4. Add the almonds and choc chip and mix well. At this stage you should have a very sticky dough. Mine was quite wet, so I added the extra flour.
5. Transfer to a well floured work surface. Shape into a log about 12" long. Transfer to a lined baking sheet.
6. Pat down and make it about 4" wide.
7. Preheat oven to 180 C (350F). Bake for about 25 min till it starts to have a slight colour but the top is still soft to touch.
8. Take out of the oven and cool for 10 min. Reduce the oven temp to 165 C (325 F).
9. Slice the log into about 20 pieces. Place on a lined baking sheet with the cut side facing up.
10. Bake for 8-10 on each side.
11. Let it cool on a wire rack and then store in an airtight container.