Peanut Chutney makes an excellent combination for dosas and idlis, especially Pesarattu. Do check the recipes under the label Tiffin for different dosas and idlis.
Onion 1 Big, cut into big chunks
Peanut (groundnut) 1 cup - roasted. If you do not have roasted peanuts, just dry roast them in a tawa.
Green Chillies 2
Red Chillies 2
Ginger small piece
Oil and Salt to taste
Mustard Seeds 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves few
Method of Preparation
1. Heat oil in a pan and add the add the onions.
2. when the onion becomes translucent, add the chillies and ginger
4. saute for a little bit more.
5. cool and then grind to a fine paste with peanuts and salt.
6. Temper with mustard and curry leaves. Enjoy this simple Chutney!