Inspired by my Red Chilli Chutney, I made this Thogayal. Be warned that it is super spicy. You can make this very mild as well by reducing the chilli used. It is a no coconut recipe. So it will keep good in Fridge for a couple of days.
Coriander Leaves 1 big bunch
Whole Pealed Urad dal 1 tbsp
Dry Red Chilli 10
Tamarind 1/2 tsp
Hing a little
Oil and Salt to taste
Method of Preparation
1. Heat a little oil in a pan. Add chopped onions. Saute till it starts to brown.
2. Add urad dal. Let it turn slightly brown.
3. Add red chillies and saute for another min or two
4. Add all these to a mixie. Also add tamarind paste, hing and salt.
5. Grind into a smooth paste. Add coriander leaves and a little water. Grind into a paste
Makes a perfect side dish for idli and dosa!